Saturday, March 04, 2006

Mold in the Desert

I had noticed lately that my Desert Spring Humidifier has been leaking. I figured it was because of the rigged up way I added a square piece of duct to the round cold air return. I figured the duct was sagging under the weight of the water and mineral deposits. Well it started leaking again this evening. So I thought to clean it out and adjust the float a little. Well, to my horror my humidifier is also full of MOLD! Greasy slimy BLACK MOLD. I've contacted DS to ask what's up. I figure they'll try to sell me an Auto flush for 130 bucks. Might as well throw in an anti scale water filter.

UPDATE 12.6.08: Well I did buy a Auto Flush and it does help. Next I'm going to try putting the disks into the dishwasher to see if that helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home