Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Gutter Worries

I've been doing more research about our copper gutters and how they were installed. The copper gutters were installed with using galvanized screws ( SCOTS TRUGRIP GT ) After more research this does not appear to be really sufficient. Even though the gutters have only been up for 6 months, I think I’m seeing signs of a galvanic reaction between the screws and the gutters (white powder)

Also my other new worry is about the new pressure treated wood fascia they installed. I'm going to have to check but the wood might be treated with alkaline copper quat (ACQ). The fascia was installed with twist shank nails but I don't know if they'll be resistant to the corrosive nature of ACQ.

1 Comments:

Anonymous VAl said...

Thank you for your postings! I have been trying to figure out what the white powder was that is coming from my gutter/downspouts near the joints and it's getting on my siding! Time to contact my builder!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home