Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Whole House fan

After a lot of research, I selected the Whisper Aire dual drive whole house fan. I considered the Tamarack but at about $1600 for a comparable model. I decided against it.


  1. I didn't find it to be very whisper quiet. Compared to my previous house and my Broan Model 2220 it is not as quiet.
  2. I have added additional levels and foam in between the layers of 2 by 4s to help with the noise
  3. The remote control only works directly underneath the fan. I contacted the manufacturer and they offered to send me a replacement, as it might be a bad solder on the antenna. It sounded like they are aware that this happens from time to time. I'm going to add a wire coil to the antenna side to see if that helps. The switch/ antenna is right next to the chimney in the attic and the drywall is very thick and might be blocking the signal.

Due to a cold snap I have not re tested the noise level.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take back that loud fan back and give the Tamarack a try - www.wholehousefan.com

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home