Friday, April 21, 2006

More information about WhisperAire vs. Tamarack

Ok, to whoever was the snotty, anonymous commenter on my blog back in February, I still want to say a hearty "Bite Me!"

But anyways, the joke's on me though. Today I ordered a new "Gold" HV-1600-GDR from wholehousefan.com It should be in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the snafu of my creditcard thinking it was stolen after my trip to Seattle has been cleared up. I'm also still waiting on my return box, and I need to start looking for the Lowes receipt too. I hate to think of the money I've wasted not returning something timely, or having a receipt, and arguing with (insert hated bog box corporation here ) about some stupid return policy. Anyone need fluorescent lights or Cannon ink with a "6" on it?

Here's some more information that I would like to share that I could not find on the web.

The sone level for the HV1600 on low is 3 sones and on high is 6 sones.

Now wait, I'm dealing in decibels (db) what the heck is a sone? I knew my old bathroom fan was measures in sones, but I want to compare. I found this formula on the web....

db = 33.2 * LOG10(sones) + 28 : this has an error of 2db, plus or minus.

Therefore 3 sones = 43.8db ( whisper) & 6 sones = 53.8 db (talking) <-- That's still less than the WhisperAire

Now that's not a direct comparison but it does give an idea, if you want more information then check out Wikipedia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home