Tuesday, June 13, 2006

More on Xypex

The weather here has been nice, so of course I have been out side battling, Garlic Mustard, poison ivy, bush honeysuckle, ground ivy, poke weed, nightshade, strawberry and other invaders.

The other day I stopped back in the basement to see how the waterproofed walls were holding up. (Seriously, some day I'll post pictures ) The results are fairly good. I do have two small areas where the Xypex is peeling off the wall, about the size of a playing card. I have wisps of efflorescence in a couple of areas, though not where I would have expected. I figure I'll need to grind down these areas, acid wash them then re apply. About a dozen bricks look like they are permanently wet, they have dark splotches on them. Incidentally some of these splotches are the same areas as where I have efflorescence appearing. All in all, it's working about as I expected. I figured I would need to do some touchups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home