Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Desert Spring results

Here's a couple of pictures of my Desert Spring humidifier after the 06/07 season. This was in operation for about 5 months, and has the auto flush unit attached. It seems again that the auto flush has jammed again, and will need repair or replacement. I'm guessing that little flakes of scale get caught in it. This is the first year I used the auto flush, and though it is still moldy and cruddy, it is also a lot less moldy and cruddy from years past.



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I have a DS humidifier with auto flush. I dont have as much crud build up as you do... a little scale.
BIG problem tho is the auto flush.
this is my 2nd one. they keep failing! first one lasted 2-3 months... the replcement has lasted 10 days.

can they be serviced I wonder by an amateur?

5:01 PM  
Blogger Bonk at Home said...

Once in a while a piece of crud gets stuck in the valve and causes the auto flush to leak. I have been able to open up the device and clean out the valve.

I've done a little reasearch to the city that supplys the water and they do seem to add a lot of extra stuff to the water to make it "healthier". I also have alot of scale on the inside of the duct work near the humidifier. Maybe we go through a lot of water. It is an old house.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home